CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tanya is knocked up!


Yep, I am going to be an uncle! Craig and Tanya are having a baby girl in September. The family is excited about a little one being around the house. Yes, my baby brother is married and having a baby before I even get close to that point. It's a little disheartening, but I will keep this post about Craig and Tanya and the baby.

On Christmas Day, after all of the family gatherings and everyone was back at their own home, Craig called me. This was the conversation:
Craig: "Hey Uncle Josh!"
Me, after a moment of contemplating what was just said: "For real? That's cool. Congratulations. Tell Tanya I said congratulations too."
Tanya, yelling from the background: "That's all you got?"
Me: "Yep."

Craig and Tanya were just married last October ,so they are following Mom and Dad and having a youngin' a mere eleven months after their nuptials. When they told me on Christmas Day, I was in shock (not sure why, but I was) that they were trying to get pregnant so soon. I am not sure what my initial reaction was but I know that Tanya was a little disappointed. I am not sure if she expected me to jump up and down, clapping my hands, or to scream, but she should know me better than that by now.

I am excited for them and for the family. Mom and Dad have been waiting on me to find someone and settle down for a while now. Everyone tells me to not worry and that being single at 27/28 isn't a big deal, but I think it is a southern thing. You go to school, graduate high school, get married, have babies or you throw college in there between high school and marriage. It didn't happen that way with me, because of my apprehension with the transplant and not feeling God's direction in the relationships.

Anyways, back to Craig and Tanya and the baby. They are still trying to decide on a name, but they are down to two names Keeley Renee or Hayden Renee. Renee is Mom's middle name, so she is especially excited about the baby being named after her.

I have no doubt that Mom is more excited about the baby than anyone. She is tickled pink that it is a girl. Mom grew up the middle child between two brothers, then she married Dad, the ultimate man's man, and had 2 boys. She has been surrounded by testosterone and is happy to be adding a little more estrogen to the family.

I am excited as well. I have a few small cousins who I love to death, but this baby girl already has me wrapped around her finger. My two prayers for her at this point are that she is healthy and that she knows Christ more passionately and deeper than I ever will. I pray that she is taken care of and watched over and that one day she will give her heart to Christ and be another light and sword in the army of the Lord.

I'll post some more pictures of the rest of the family as soon as I find the transfer cord to my camera. I have a million cords here, but can't find the 1 that I need.

0 comments: